What does Frinton on Sea Primary School offer children with special educational needs or disabilities?
Our SEND Aims:
At Frinton on Sea we want to make sure that every child gets the best support we can offer in order to help them to enjoy their learning, feel confident and happy amongst their friends and make the best possible progress.
Every child has individual needs that will affect their learning. Sometimes children need special support to give them an extra boost or to help them catch up with other children of the same age. They may need this support for a short time or a longer period, but during this time they will be part of our Special Educational Needs (SEND) Register and we will keep a close eye on their progress, look carefully at what special support they need and keep in close touch with their parents.
SEND Provision report 2022
Guidance for Parents & Carers
- www.autism.org.uk – The National Autistic Society website, the main UK charity for supporting people with ASD and their families (contains lots of useful advice and resources)
- www.drumbeatasd.org/website/parent_dropins – Drumbeat Outreach offer a number of regular informal drop-in sessions, both daytime and evening supporting parents, carers and other family members loving and living with a child/young person with autism.
- www.attentionautism.com – For more information on Attention Autism and how you can support your child to develop attention and turn-taking skills
- www.widgit.com/resources – Symbolled resources for different topics and areas of life, including resources for fire safety and about visiting the doctors/dentists
- www.special-needs-kids.co.uk – An information directory for parents and carers
- www.iassnetwork.co.uk – Advice and support for parents of children with SEN
- www.autismuk.com – Lots of information on ASD
- www.downs-syndrome.org.uk – Advice and support, including booklets to help with independent toileting, sleeping and managing behaviour
- www.autismspeaks.org – A comprehensive site, with a useful resource library